Light Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with butter and Worcestershire sauce. Combine the sugar, salt, garlic powder and cayenne; sprinkle over seeds and toss to coat.
- 2. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Spread seeds in pan. Bake at 250° for 45-60 minutes or until seeds are dry and lightly browned, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup: 95 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Light Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
"I love fall because it means pumpkins. I roast the seeds after carving our pumpkins. I realize that this recipe deals with seeds that you purchase. But I tried it with the hulls and it worked okay. If using already shelled seeds, I would cut down the butter by 1 tsp., though."
"This recipe is a tradition here at ou house after the pumkins are carved. We have tried other recipes but everyone agrees this is still the best one."
"I only had one cup of pumpkin seeds so I used 3TB butter, 1 tsp. W. sauce, 1/2t. garlic powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2t. sugar, and 1/4t. cajun seasoning. They are excellent! Will make again!!!"
"In the interest of heart healthy I replaced the butter with olive oil; the results are fantastic. This is a snack that is elevated from (still wonderful) buttery/salty/crunchy to savoury with just a hint of zip from the pepper. I have one more pumpkin to carve before the end of this week and those seeds will be prepared using this recipe again!"
"Looks like a great recipe can't wait to try it.Anniejones"