Light Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Try this zippy twist on a Halloween tradition from our Test Kitchen. It’s got just enough heat to take the chill off autumn afternoons and snackers!
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with butter and Worcestershire sauce.
- Combine the sugar, salt, garlic powder and cayenne; sprinkle over
- seeds and toss to coat.
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil; coat foil with
- cooking spray. Spread seeds in pan. Bake at 250° for 45-60
- minutes or until seeds are dry and lightly browned, stirring every
- 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 95 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.