Try this zippy twist on a Halloween tradition from our Test Kitchen. It’s got just enough heat to take the chill off autumn afternoons and snackers!
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with butter and Worcestershire sauce. Combine the sugar, salt, garlic powder and cayenne; sprinkle over seeds and toss to coat.
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Spread seeds in pan. Bake at 250° for 45-60 minutes or until seeds are dry and lightly browned, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Roasted Pumpkin Seeds in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p34
Reviews for Light Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review