- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 7 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 tablespoons sunflower kernels, toasted
- Place asparagus in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool.
- For dressing, combine the orange juice, oil, marmalade, lime juice, salt and ginger in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate.
- To serve, place the greens in a salad bowl or on individual plates; top with asparagus. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Asparagus Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p37
Reviews for Light Roasted Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2012
"Very good. The dressing is excellent and very refreshing. I will use this dressing for other salads. The toasted sunflower seeds really added a different texture and dimension to the salad."