Light Picnic Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine macaroni, chicken, broccoli and onion. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 15 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 223 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.