For a lighter pasta salad with delicious chicken and broccoli, try this recipe. It his lighter than the regular salads but you are not missing out on any flavor.—Katherine Stallwood, Kennewick, Washington
- 1 package (16 ounces) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, chicken, broccoli and onion. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Picnic Pasta Salad in Country Woman May/June 2004, p36
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Light Picnic Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review