Light Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and applesauce. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Immediately drop small amounts of peanut butter over hot cake; return to the oven for 1 minute. Carefully spread peanut butter over cake. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. For frosting, in a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 1 minute. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Gradually beat in pudding. Beat in half of the whipped topping; fold in remaining whipped topping. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 18 servings.
1 piece: 257 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Light Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
"I made the cake for my dad. I served the cake in a bowl with fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt. His response "I'm gonna need a bigger bowl!" HUGE success!!"
"It truly is as delicious as it looks in the picture. You would never know the health value of this cake if you didn't make it yourself. Taste wonderful! Easy to make!"