- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another shallow bowl, combine egg whites and milk. Place flour in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour; dip in the egg white mixture, then roll in cornmeal mixture.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Spritz with butter-flavored spray. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Light Oven-Fried Chicken
Sort By :
"Nice flavor, easy to make. Will save this recipe, for sure!"
"Good. I did not use the tarragon or ginger. Used parsley and garlic instead. Also used extra virgin olive oil instead of the butter flavred SPRAY."
"I thought this was good but mine came out a little dry (???). I just saw the ingredient list calls for 3 egg whites, I only used 2; maybe this was why it turned out a little dry (?) Will try again since I love fried chicken and have been looking for lighter versions."
"This is wonderful. The chicken was moist. Just the right amount of seasoning on the coating. And I didn't have to scrub the pan; easy clean-up. Will be making again."
"delicous used dried bread crumbs and added flax seed to it"