Light Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another shallow bowl, combine egg whites and milk. Place flour in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour; dip in the egg white mixture, then roll in cornmeal mixture.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Spritz with butter-flavored spray. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Light Oven-Fried Chicken(3)
Sort By :
I thought this was good but mine came out a little dry (???). I just saw the ingredient list calls for 3 egg whites, I only used 2; maybe this was why it turned out a little dry (?) Will try again since I love fried chicken and have been looking for lighter versions.
This is wonderful. The chicken was moist. Just the right amount of seasoning on the coating. And I didn't have to scrub the pan; easy clean-up. Will be making again.
delicous used dried bread crumbs and added flax seed to it
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fried Chicken Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >