"Paired with a tossed salad and fresh fruit for dessert, this simple egg dish becomes a tasty meal."—Marian Wright, Enon, Ohio.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon real bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter until softened. In a small bowl, beat egg, milk, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the mushrooms, cheese, bacon and chives.
- Pour into a 5-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Mushroom Quiche in Comfort Food Diet 2011 2011, p37
Reviews for Light Mushroom Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2012
"did not care for this very much. prefer my eggs to be drier not so moist. just as soon scramble the egg."