Light Linguine Carbonara
We're a busy family. When we need to rush off to an evening sporting event or meeting, I prepare this pasta toss along with breadsticks or garlic toast for a quick light dinner.Mary Jo Miller, Mansfield, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a Dutch oven, cook linguine according to package directions,
- adding peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a
- small saucepan, whisk egg, milk, red pepper, pepper flakes and
- pepper; cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is just
- thick enough to coat a spoon and a thermometer reads at least
- 160°. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and bacon; remove from heat.
- Drain linguine; return to Dutch oven. Add sauce; toss to coat. Serve
- with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 352 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.