Light Linguine Carbonara Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook linguine according to package directions, adding peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk egg, milk, red pepper, pepper flakes and pepper until blended; cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and bacon; remove from heat.
- 2. Drain linguine; return to pot. Add sauce and toss to coat. Serve with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 352 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Light Linguine Carbonara
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.