Light Lemon Pie Recipe
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup 100% strawberry spreadable fruit
- 8 large strawberries, halved
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water and sugar substitute. Refrigerate until partially set.
- 2. In a fine strainer, drain the cottage cheese. Place cottage cheese in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; stir in gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until set. Just before serving, cut into slices; garnish each with 1 tablespoon spreadable fruit and two strawberry halves. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving equals 216 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.