Light Lemon Pie Recipe
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup 100% strawberry spreadable fruit
- 8 large strawberries, halved
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water and sugar substitute. Refrigerate until partially set.
- In a fine strainer, drain the cottage cheese. Place cottage cheese in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; stir in gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into crust. Refrigerate until set. Just before serving, cut into slices; garnish each with 1 tablespoon spreadable fruit and two strawberry halves. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Light Lemon Pie(10)
Sort By :
I love this recipe. It's easy & delicious and I've made it several times using different flavored jellos. I'm not a fan of cottage cheese but it's not a factor using it this way.
This is a wonderful pie! My blender would not blend the cottage cheese, so I added the partially set gelatin to the cottage cheese in the blender and it came out great.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >