Light Lemon Mousse
You’ll always find room for dessert with this light, lemony and refreshing meal finale from Joan Jay in Frisco, Texas.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 drop yellow food coloring, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in
- milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and
- bubbly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice, peel and vanilla. Cool quickly by placing
- pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped
- topping and food coloring if desired. Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 165 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.