You’ll always find room for dessert with this light, lemony and refreshing meal finale from Joan Jay in Frisco, Texas.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 drop yellow food coloring, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice, peel and vanilla. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and food coloring if desired. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Light Lemon Mousse in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p52
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Light Lemon Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review