- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 drop yellow food coloring, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice, peel and vanilla. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and food coloring if desired. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Light Lemon Mousse
Sort By :
Tastey and just the right amount to satisfy!
This is very good! I am obsessed with mousse and, as we all know, it typically carries tons of calories and fat so I was very excited to find and try this recipe. The only thing I would change next time is add another tbls of lemon juice and dissolve a tsp of lemon OR unflavored gelatin in a bit of water and add it to the milk mixture after removing it from heat. Great recipe!...very yummy with blueberries and raspberries on top! :)