- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour milk into a large metal bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1 tablespoon for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Chill until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice; cool.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add gelatin mixture and mix well. Beat evaporated milk until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Light Lemon Fluff Dessert
Sort By :
"This was a hit with my guests. Nice flavor and loved that it is a lighter dessert."
"FYI... My review of MILNOT (sold at Walmart) contains Hydrogenated Soybean Oil... gasp!!! Hydrogenated Soybean Oil and High Fructose Corn Syrup are two ingredients, either alone or in combination, can be found in virtually all processed foods and one can make a compelling argument that the reliance on these two foods is a primary contributing factor for most of the degenerative diseases attacking Americans today.Part of the problem with partially hydrogenated soybean oil is the trans fat it contains. The other part relates to the health hazards of soy itself. And an added hazard factor is the fact that the majority of both corn and soybeans are genetically engineered."
"My family loved this, even my four kids, who are picky about desserts. Getting the evaporated milk to whip into soft peaks was difficult, even after chilling, but overall the results were delicious. Definitely a much healthier option than the traditional full fat version. I plan to try this recipe with orange jello and juice next."
"Very good and easy. Everyone loved it."
"Comment: This recipe looks like it has possibilities as part of a St Patrick's Day themed menu. I hope to make it with lime jello and lime juice to achieve a green color. Has anyone else tried this and did it turn out OK?"