Light Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 9 egg whites
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan well coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Add egg whites; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, vanilla and lemon peel.
- 3. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 70-80 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Top with strawberries and kiwi. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 300 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat-free milk, 1 fruit, 1 fat.