"I revised a recipe that appeared in the newspaper to come up with this lemony cake topped with a light and creamy frosting," shares Edna Thomas of Warsaw, Indiana. "Not only is it fast to fix, but it serves a crowd."
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, lemon pudding mix, water and egg whites. Beat on low spread for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and vanilla pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes more or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Light Lemon Cake in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p45
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Light Lemon Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review