Light Ham Tetrazzini Recipe
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) multigrain spaghetti
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, mix the first six ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until heated through.
- 2. To serve, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add spaghetti and cheese to slow cooker; toss to combine. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 279 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 734mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Light Ham Tetrazzini
"I liked this dish! It was easy and I didn't have a lot of time. I couldn't taste the horseradish in it. I enjoyed all the mushrooms in the sauce. We will definitely make it again!"
"I think this is pretty good. It is super easy and filling. It is vey easy to throw together. I don't mind the soup. My kids will eat it."
"Medium cream,butter etc roux would make a better sauce than 2 cans of mushroom soup (yuk!). Also wine is a must not an option..similar recipes typically use chicken breast chunks or turkey for meat. Sorry but this recipe just doesn't cut the soup??"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.