Light Ham Tetrazzini
Add the cooked spaghetti noodles to the slow cooker just before heading to the potluck. Insulated carrying cases keep the food hot and make this crock pot tetrazzini dish easy to transport. —Susan Blair, Sterling, Michigan
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) uncooked multigrain spaghetti
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the soup, mushrooms, ham, milk, wine
- and horseradish. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add spaghetti
- and cheese to slow cooker; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 279 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 734 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.