Feel guilty dipping into guacamole? This lower-fat version is a yummy alternative. It has chunky bits of tomato and is well seasoned with jalapeno peppers, cumin and cilantro. "I've made and enjoyed this recipe many, many times over the years," says Marlene Tokarski of Mesa, Arizona.
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, combine one avocado, sour cream, onion, jalapenos, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, cumin and pepper; cover and process until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mash the remaining avocado with a fork. Stir in the pureed avocado mixture. Gently fold in tomato. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Light Guacamole in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p21
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Light Guacamole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review