Feel guilty dipping into guacamole? This lower-fat version is a yummy alternative. It has chunky bits of tomato and is well seasoned with jalapeno peppers, cumin and cilantro. "I've made and enjoyed this recipe many, many times over the years," says Marlene Tokarski of Mesa, Arizona.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, combine one avocado, sour cream, onion,
- jalapenos, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, cumin and pepper; cover and
- process until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mash the remaining avocado with a fork. Stir in the
- pureed avocado mixture. Gently fold in tomato. Serve with tortilla
- chips or vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/4 cup) equals 79 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1 vegetable.