Light Guacamole Recipe
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
- 1. In a food processor, combine one avocado, sour cream, onion, jalapenos, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, cumin and pepper; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash the remaining avocado with a fork. Stir in the pureed avocado mixture. Gently fold in tomato. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup: 79 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Light Guacamole
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.