Light Glazed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained, optional
- 1. Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil and butter on all sides.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the orange juice concentrate, water, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, orange juice concentrate and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Brush over roast. Garnish with oranges if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork (calculated without oranges) equals 190 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Light Glazed Pork Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.