Light Glazed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained, optional
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil and butter on all sides.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the orange juice concentrate, water, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, orange juice concentrate and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Brush over roast. Garnish with oranges if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Light Glazed Pork Roast(2)
Sort By :
We loved this recipe, I did substitute Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt for the garlic, salt and pepper. The glaze is delicious, good call on doubling the glaze! I will definitely make again.
This makes a lot! Very, very good. :) I would make double the glaze to go on top next time. Definitely a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >