- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 eggs
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter-flavored sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown bacon on both sides; remove and keep warm.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the cup close to the surface of the water, slip each egg into water. Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the flour, salt, mustard and cayenne. Gradually stir in milk and evaporated milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of sauce into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter-flavored sprinkles and lemon juice.
- With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water. Top each muffin half with a slice of bacon, an egg and 2 tablespoons sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Light Eggs Benedict
"not bad, but the picture shows 2 slices of meat - deceptive"
"good tasty, easy, especially if you cook eggs in a microwave egg cooker."
"We love eggs benedict for breakfast, butnot spicey food; so I took a short cut andused Knorr Hollandaise Sauce Mix. Yummyevery time I make this dish!!"
"Overall very good. The sauce seemed quite spicy and might have been missing something else. Next time I'll chop up the canadian bacon too, it made it kind of hard to eat. But still very good and impressive dish."
"We weren't huge fans of the sauce, and I do normally like Hollandaise..."
"I just finished eating this for breakfast and it is delicious. I did not have any canadian bacon so I just used a slice of turkey bacon and a sandwhich thin. Also no butter sprinkles but I sprayed butter on top and it was very tasty :)"