Light Christmas Cake Recipe
Folks are pleasantly surprised to see the red and green layers when I cut them a slice of this light and festive cake.—Sandy Wood, Hiawassee, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 21 whole graham crackers, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a bowl, combine raspberry gelatin and 1-1/4 cups of applesauce. In another bowl, combine lime gelatin and remaining applesauce.
- 2. Place three graham crackers side by side on a serving plate. Cover with a third of raspberry applesauce. Top with three more crackers and a third of lime applesauce. Repeat layers twice; top with remaining crackers.
- 3. Frost the top and sides with whipped topping. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: 16 servings.
One slice equals 95 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC