Folks are pleasantly surprised to see the red and green layers when I cut them a slice of this light and festive cake.—Sandy Wood, Hiawassee, Georgia
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 21 whole graham crackers, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, combine raspberry gelatin and 1-1/4 cups of applesauce. In another bowl, combine lime gelatin and remaining applesauce.
- Place three graham crackers side by side on a serving plate. Cover with a third of raspberry applesauce. Top with three more crackers and a third of lime applesauce. Repeat layers twice; top with remaining crackers.
- Frost the top and sides with whipped topping. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Light Christmas Cake in Country Woman November/December 1998, p36
Reviews for Light Christmas Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review