Light Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa, divided
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa and melted chocolate. Gradually beat in 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar. Lightly coat hands with confectioners' sugar; roll chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls. Roll in remaining cocoa or confectioners' sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 62 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Light Chocolate Truffles
"Made these and they were very yummy. But I agree, it is difficult to form into the balls because the mixture is not firm enough and they are still not firm after refrigeration. I am going to try more powdered sugar and cocoa to hopefully firm them up."
"My mixture was not soft but it was crumbly and did not form well either. I used the ingredients as specified and I didn't enjoy it at all."
"Made this recipe today and was disappointed. The mixture was not firm and I had to first chill the mixture abt an hour. The mixture was still soft so I then dropped it onto a wax paper lined tray with a small cookie scoop and chill again. After abt two hours of chilling I was able to form balls but the mixture was still very soft. I coated in the cocoa, layered between wax paper in a plastic container and refrigerated. After saying all that, the truffles are still soft balls and not firm like a traditional truffle"
"The recipe didn't stick to my hands as the previous reviewer said but we didn't find them to be yummy. I did use fat-free cream cheese which I thought might have changed the flavor and sweetness. I may try again using the reduced fat cream cheese as the recipe specifies."
"I could not get the mixture to form a ball, it all just gooped to my sugared hands. Just put it in an 9x13 pan put in refrig and hoped it would hardened up, but it didn't."