Light Chocolate Truffles Recipe
I made these for my husband on Valentine's Day, and later for Christmas gifts. Everyone loves them! —Donni Worthen, Branson, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:20 servings
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa, divided
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa and melted chocolate. Gradually beat in 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar. Lightly coat hands with confectioners' sugar; roll chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls. Roll in remaining cocoa or confectioners' sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 truffle equals 62 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC