- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup egg substitute (equivalent to 2 eggs)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Beat in egg substitute, milk, applesauce and vanilla. Add water; beat on medium for 2 minutes (batter will be very thin).
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Lightly dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Light Chocolate Cake in Country Woman May/June 1996, p36
Reviews for Light Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review