“This recipe is the one most requested by my husband,” writes Beth Dauenhauer from Pueblo, Colorado. “I vary the herbs, using what's on hand-or fresh. Also, try with roasted potatoes, as cooking times and temperatures are compatible.”
Recommended: 70 Budget-Friendly Dinners That Are Big on Taste
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried thyme, parsley flakes and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Combine the butter, thyme, parsley and rosemary; shape into two cubes. Cover and freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, lightly whisk egg white. In a third bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a butter cube on the center of each. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg white, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place seam side down in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Kiev in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p42
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Light Chicken Kiev
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review