Light Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large onions, cut into 18 wedges
- 18 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Cut each chicken breast half into three lengthwise strips. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Place the green peppers, onions and mushrooms in another large resealable plastic bag.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the salad dressing, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Remove 1/3 cup; cover and refrigerate. Divide the remaining salad dressing mixture between the chicken and the vegetables; seal both bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade from chicken and vegetables. Alternately thread chicken and vegetables on 18 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning and basting with reserved marinade occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 210 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Light Chicken Kabobs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.