- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices deli ham (1 ounce each)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with pepper; place a ham slice and 3 tablespoons of cheese down the center of each piece. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. Pour milk into a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the cornflakes, paprika, garlic powder and salt. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumbs.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the soup, sour cream and lemon juice until blended; heat through. Discard toothpicks from chicken; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Light Chicken Cordon Bleu
"Delicious. I don't like cordon bleu but I'm already thinking of people I could serve this to. Wonderful. This is better than some wedding chicken cordon bleu I've had."
"Wonderful and a great way to lighten it up. Love the cornflake topping. I have to skip the sauce and make a homemade GF version for husband but otherwise it is excellent. Served with rice."
"We would give this 10 stars if we could! Seriously, this was a restaurant quality meal. So incredibly good! I used Black Forest Ham to stuff the chicken, and it was fabulous! So easy to make, too. It seemed so rich and flavorful...you would never guess it was a lightened up version. The lemon juice in the soup/sour cream sauce gave it a flavor much like hollandaise sauce. Fabulous!!! My husband said it LOOKED so good, he didn't want to eat it. Then he was sad it was gone, and the kids were stalking each other's plates to see if anyone had left any! LOL. This recipe is definitely a keeper."
"Easy to make and very, very good"
"Yum! This is great! If I hadn't made it myself, I wouldn't have been able to tell it from the full-fat version."