Light Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; beat for 30 seconds. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda and salt; add to the orange juice mixture and mix well. Stir in carrots.
- 2. Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 183 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Light Carrot Cake
"I made this carrot cake this weekend I also added walnuts. My husband loved it, and didn't last very long. I will definitely add this to my recipe favorite list."
"This cake is not like the dense carrot cake one is used to, but it has wonderful flavor. Great snack cake!"
"Excellent recipe. I did add dried cranberries and chopped nuts. My use splenda and increase cinnamon to mask taste."
"This was my first time making a recipe that is good for you. I used wheat flour to make it a bit more to my liking. In addition to carrots, I added fresh cranberries, dates and chopped pecans! It came out wonderful! All the texture and taste of a much higher caloric desert! YUM!"