Allspice and cinnamon give wonderful flavor to this appealing cake from Ruth Hastings of Louisville, Illinois. "It's so moist and delicious that it doesn't taste like it's good for you," she says.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; beat for 30 seconds. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda and salt; add to the orange juice mixture and mix well. Stir in carrots.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Light Carrot Cake in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p49
Reviews for Light Carrot Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review