Light Butter Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (5 ounces cooked skinless chicken) equals 281 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
Reviews for Light Butter Roasted Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.