Light Butter Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 281 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein
Reviews for Light Butter Roasted Chicken
"Juicy but the chicken did not have much flavor."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.