Light Butter Roasted Chicken Recipe
The changes made in this made over recipe slashes the fat by 70% and saturated fat by 80%, cut calories and sodium by about half and reduced cholesterol by more than a third. Yet the buttery-tasting makeover version is sure to please your family.—Helen Copeland, Greenback, Tennessee
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Butter Roasted Chicken in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p14
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Light Butter Roasted Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 3, 2013
"Juicy but the chicken did not have much flavor."