- 3 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the mushrooms, tuna and red pepper. Drain noodles; add to soup mixture and stir until blended. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Light-But-Hearty Tuna Casserole
"Not sure what others are rating. This was a waste and went in the garbage. We aren't picky eaters. Will be taking it out of my Recipe box."
"Very tasty!! Loved all the veggies and even more can be easily added. Will definitely make this one again!!"
"This is a very delicious Tuna Noodle casserole (just as it's written.) I did however, add in a generous handful of frozen peas & carrots, and I doubled the recipe. This one is a definite keeper!"
"Didn't have the roated red peppers, so made it without; still tasted great."
"Made a few changes and all around a great dish! I nixed the red pepper and replaced with 1 c. frozen peas(added to last minute of boiling noodles before tossing in) and added diced onions and fresh mushrooms. Also costco tuna is 7oz so it was loaded! Husband loved!"
"This was very tasty. I added a can of peas without their juice to the recipe. I will definitely make this again."
"I used a large can of tuna and fresh mushrooms plus a whole jar of sweet red peppers. It was very good."
"I have been weary to try some of the recipes on this sight because I think the pictures could be alot better...more appealable, but I saw the reviews on this one and decided to try it. I did not use the peppers because I knew my kids would complain and I also left out the mushrooms because I think the soup gives it enough. I used 1% milk and doubled the recipe using one can of reduced fat soup and one regular can, real mayo, and I added a small can of peas. I have to say that I have made a million tuna casserole recipes and even have one of my own that I pride myself on, but this one is the BEST I have had. I made two 8in pans because I thought it would not be enough, but it was hearty and delicious and the kids LOVED it! It comes out moist and creamy...very impressive. We have a pan left over and it is calling to me. This one is a keeper. Thank you!"
"Loved the red peppers and onions! This was amazing, my boyfriend and roommate loved it as did I. I wish I made more. I added a little bit of cheddar cheese to the top, it probably would have been delicious either way though."