Light-But-Hearty Tuna Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the mushrooms, tuna and red pepper. Drain noodles; add to soup mixture and stir until blended. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 322 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.