Light Black Forest Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups cherry juice blend
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat the cherry juice, sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, vinegar and vanilla until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into cherry juice mixture until blended.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Frost top of cake with pudding. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Top with pie filling. Chill until serving. Serve with whipped topping. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Light Black Forest Dessert(27)
Sort By :
Going to try this with half Stevia, half cup of cocoa and Blueberry Pie Filling. Guess it worth a try??.....LOL
Any one tried making it with less sugar!!!??????????
36 g of Carbohydrates is almost an entire meal. Doctors recommend between 45 -to 50 gms at each meal. I agree how is this good for someone not on a diet? Total Carbohydrates include the sugars..
OMG way too much sugar. How good is this for someone on a diet........how good is this for someone not on a diet. The applesauce doesn't make it guilt free.
Moist and delicious. Would make it again.
My family loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Black Forest Cake >
- Black Forest Cake >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >