Light Berry Mousse
"Members of my family are diabetic, so I'm always looking for sugar-free recipes," relates Peggy Key of Grant, Alabama. "This light, fluffy dessert flavored with fresh strawberries is a refreshing ending to a summer meal."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a blender, combine water and gelatin. Cover and process until
- gelatin is dissolved. Blend in ice cubes until partially melted. Add
- strawberries; process until blended. Pour into a bowl; fold in
- whipped topping. Chill for 2 hours. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 57 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.