Light Asian Pork Tenderloin
Here’s a light, delicious dish that will soon be a favorite. Annemarie serves it with jasmine rice and broccoli. —Annemarie Harris, Haddonfield, New Jersey
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, ginger,
- sesame oil and cloves. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place sesame seeds in a shallow dish.
- Roll pork in sesame seeds and place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish
- coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with honey; sprinkle with brown
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-30 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked pork equals 324 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 437 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch,