Light Asian Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and cloves. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place sesame seeds in a shallow dish. Roll pork in sesame seeds and place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with honey; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork equals 324 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 437 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Light Asian Pork Tenderloin
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.