Light and Delicious Guacamole Recipe
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process until blended. Stir in tomatoes. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 87 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.