Light and Crunchy Pea Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup diced radishes
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peas, water chestnuts, radishes, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
0.666 cup: 120 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.