Light and Crunchy Pea Salad
Radishes and water chestnuts put the crunch in this appealing salad that's draped in a light mayonnaise dressing. Barbara Kopfmann of West Bend, Wisconsin shares the recipe.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup diced radishes
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, water chestnuts, radishes, red
- pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss gently to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 120 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.