Radishes and water chestnuts put the crunch in this appealing salad that's draped in a light mayonnaise dressing. Barbara Kopfmann of West Bend, Wisconsin shares the recipe.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup diced radishes
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, water chestnuts, radishes, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Pea Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p12
Reviews for Light and Crunchy Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2011
"I make this salad all the time...it always gets rave reviews...good choice for a potluck lunch"