Light 'n' Rich Chocolate Pudding
Even those who strictly limit the sugar in their diet can dig in and enjoy a creamy chocolate pudding—thanks to this imaginative recipe I've found!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine sweetener, cocoa and cornstarch. Whisk in the
- milk. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla. Cool. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: 1/4 of recipe equals 95 calories, 63 mg sodium, 2 cholesterol, 17 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3/4 starch, 1/2 milk.