Honeydew melon is one of my favorite summer fruits so I made a trifle featuring it. It is so delicious.—P Marchesi, Rocky Point, Long Island, New York
- 6 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 6 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup strawberry all-fruit spread
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 cups frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cubed
- 1/3 cup grated semisweet chocolate
- In a large bowl, toss the honeydew and strawberries with fruit spread; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add sour cream; mix well. Fold in whipped topping and cake. Drain juice from fruit mixture. In a trifle dish or deep salad bowl, layer a third of the fruit, a third of the cake mixture and a third of the chocolate. Repeat layers twice. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Light 'n' Luscious Trifle in Country Woman November/December 1995, p36
Reviews for Light 'n' Luscious Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review