Light 'n' Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
You'd never know that these mashed potatoes are on the lighter side. Garlic and chives season them nicely while sour cream and cream cheese add richness. They're special enough for company. -Test Kitchen
- 6 cups quartered peeled potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Dash paprika
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, salt, garlic powder and pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in chives. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (2/3 cup) equals 140 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC