Light 'n' Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 6 cups quartered peeled potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Dash paprika
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, salt, garlic powder and pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in chives. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 8 servings.
2/3 cup: 140 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Light 'n' Creamy Mashed Potatoes
"Excellent! I make this a lot! I have several family members who insist light food doesn't taste good but unknowingly ate these and loved them!"
"Absolutely delicious and easy too!"
"This is a 5-star recipe. I have no idea why my rating came up 4 stars."
"Absolutely delicious! We used green onions instead of chives. We'll definitely make again!"
"These potatoes were very creamy with just the right flavor and made a nice accompaniment to my turkey dinner. I will make them again!!!"