You'd never know that these mashed potatoes are on the lighter side. Garlic and chives season them nicely while sour cream and cream cheese add richness. They're special enough for company. -Test Kitchen
- 6 cups quartered peeled potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Dash paprika
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, salt, garlic powder and pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in chives. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Light 'n' Creamy Mashed Potatoes in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p29
Reviews for Light 'n' Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review