Light & Easy Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Pucker up for a Mother’s Day smooch. You’ll find lovely hints of lemon in both the tender crust and creamy filling of these berry-topped treats. —Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:18 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 18 fresh raspberries, halved
- 1. Line a 9-in. pan with foil; coat with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat butter and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Add flour and salt; mix well. Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream cheeses and remaining sugar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in lemon peel and remaining lemon juice. Pour over crust.
- 4. Bake 14-18 minutes longer or until filling is set.
- 5. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Using foil, lift bars out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut into bars. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 bar equals 153 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC