This pudding is exactly what its name promises—light and creamy. Since it uses soy milk, it’s a great choice if you’re lactose-intolerant or are having a guest over who doesn’t drink milk. —Deborah Williams, Peoria, Arizona
Recommended: 32 Light Desserts That'll Hit the Spot
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small heavy saucepan, mix cornstarch, sugar, cocoa and salt. Whisk in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to dessert dishes. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Light & Creamy Chocolate Pudding in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2015, p237
Reviews for Light & Creamy Chocolate Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review