Life Preserver Meat Loaves Recipe
An old standby gets a new look when formed into rings to resemble life preservers. Place a little ketchup and mustard in separate resealable plastic bags to easily pipe fast, flavorful markings on the moist mini meat loaves.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Ketchup and mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six balls; flatten slightly. Make a hole in the center of each ball with the end of a wooden spoon handle.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Decorate with ketchup and mustard. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Life Preserver Meat Loaves in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p61
Reviews for Life Preserver Meat Loaves(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >